We are seeking a highly motivated computational scientist with academic and/or industry experience to join the Transfaculty Research Platform Molecular and Cognitive Neuroscience (MCN, http://www.mcn.unibas.ch/). MCN focuses on the neurobiological underpinnings of human behavior and on the development of novel treatment options for neuropsychiatric disorders.
The mandate of the candidate is to manage, integrate, and improve an existing computational platform that adheres to reproducible research best practices. The platform is used to address defined translational questions and to provide access to multi-omic data sets from preclinical data, clinical trials as well as in-house and public genomics and brain imaging data.
- Contribute to the development, management and support of our core reproducible research analytics platform.
- Collaborate with University’s IT experts to expand the computing infrastructure.
- Collaborate with bioinformaticians, statisticians, psychologists, and biologists to identify critical questions that may be addressed via computational approaches.
Ph.D. or Masters with relevant industry or academia experience is required. Education should be in the fields of Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Neuroscience, or related disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of R and Git is required.
- BASH-programming skills are required.
- Ability to work in a Linux environment is required.
- Familiarity with SQL and Bioconductor is desirable.
- Familiarity with statistical methods is desirable.
see the full post here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/615641433