Two announcements that we received by e-mail, that may be of interest to our followers:
About the PIs of Tomorrow (from https://annual-meeting.ls2.ch/pis-of-tomorrow)
The special session “PIs of tomorrow” will be held next year at the upcoming Life Sciences Switzerland (LS2) Annual Meeting (February 12-13 2018, University of Lausanne). This session offers an opportunity to postdocs and senior researchers interested in pursuing an academic career to present a talk similar in format to a professorship application interview. A knowledgeable jury panel of professors will evaluate the presentations and provide feedback in a one-on-one session afterwards.
Please refer to the attached instructions to enter the competition to be one of the five speakers selected from all applications. For the 2018 addition, one additional slot will be given to the best Postdoc talk at the Life Sciences Postdoc Day ’17.
Applications must be received by November 1st, 2017. If you are selected, your travel and accommodation fees will be paid by the LS2 organization.
About the Life Sciences Switzerland (from https://annual-meeting.ls2.ch/)
- 4 excellent international plenary speakers (Beth Levine, Skip Virgin, Andrea Ballabio, Tamotsu Yoshimori)
- 10 exciting scientific symposia with invited speakers and speakers selected from abstracts covering a broad range of life science topics: Molecular & Cell. Biosciences (x2) – Neurosciences – Virology/Proteomics – Physiology – Systems Biology – Autophagy/Cell Death – Experimental Pharmacology – Bioinformatics – Physics of Biology
- A large Poster session mixed with an industry exhibition
- A Science Policy Panel discussion on CRISPR/Cas9
- A Science Crowdfunding evening event
- Two Career Roundtables about Non-Academic Careers
- The award ceremonies of the Lelio Orci Award and Friedrich-Miescher-Award